Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it **SNOW**

This weekend we're expecting ALOT of snow! Actually, its snowing right now! Its also a Friday...this brings me back to WOL Snowcamp last year....we all return to a winter wonderland...as only Pottersville can be at the beginning of January...i havent been back half an hour and i already see people slipping and sliding and some even falling and i can't help but think over and over..."I will not fall down!" amazingly, I only fell down once and that was towards the end of camp....at the beginning of camp we didnt have a lot of snow...I remember the first weekend, we had to move a bunch of snow around so we could operate the mega tubehill. it was a lot of hours of moving snow with hands and shovels and in the end, we all had bonded...actually we bonded a couple times since we had to move snow more than once....I thought we'd be doing this every weekend, and since I was an outdoor supervisor, I was required to be at the tubehill every weekend unless I was counseling.....man, was I wrong!...the second week of camp was when it started...God opened up the skies! one second we thought we'd be moving snow and then we go on a 10 minute break during class and find out that its snowing...more like blizzarding! we were all so excited and couldn't wait for class to end so we could go outside and play in the snow! fixing the mega tubehill was a breeze after that! all we had to do was pat down the snow to firm up the walls and have all of us supervisors and workers to grab a tube and go down the tubehill to get the snow packed down and ready for the campers...and God was so good to bless us with snow every Friday for the rest of the Snowcamp season...I had a blast being an outdoor supervisor on the Mega tubehill and I hope who ever the supervisors are this year will have as a great a time as us last year...but nothing beats the Liz/Danielle/Josh/Eric/Sondra/Dan team!!!

Happy Snowing!

No comments: